Friday, January 8, 2010

Long Beach Sunday Farmers Market



I am so excited to be a part of the Long Beach Sunday Farmers Market. Through my friend Julie from the Vintage Emporium in Long Beach, I met Kelli Johnson who is the manager of the new certified Farmers Market in the California Heights historic neighborhood. What is so cool about the market is that it benefits 3 local area elementary schools. I have been calling on my ETSY friends to join me for the first Mini-Craft fair we will be holding at the market. I have the following members of my team the California Crafters Club of Etsy, joining me!
bybelinda.etsy.com
fallingstarlane.etsy.com
smallandmighty.etsy.com
Janiexy.etsy.com
lotusinthemud.com
nasila8.etsy.com
noemisfigureines.etsy.com
redbessbonney.etsy.com
Reflections.etsy.com
Tmpenrose.etsy.com
waxingmooncreations.etsy.com
Kelli is doing an amazing job promoting this market. She has done pie and cookies contests. I had the pleasure of creating some handmade award ribbons (on left) for the event. I am so please with how thy came out! Next month is a soup swap. And she has even teamed up with the Long Beach Public Library for Book Week. From their website:Our Long Beach Sunday Market in California Heights has been chosen to host the All Day Read on Sunday March 7th from 9am-2pm. We are thrilled to be an official Book Week Event!! Book Week is the annual celebration of literature organized by the Long Beach Public Library Foundation. Come listen to The Soloist being read aloud in the family friendly atmosphere of the Long Beach Sunday Market, located on the playground of Longfellow Elementary School. We will have performances throughout the day by Student Cellists and Musical Portrait Photo Sessions by Ogg Studios. If you would like to volunteer, read or perform, please write LBSM@mac.com
So it should be a great week for the Market! Hope to see you there!
Denise

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I will see about scheduling this event into my cal. I would love the hear the reading of the Soloist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to this! Sounds like we are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for this event. I'm already making more cute things and to meet everybody there! See you guys!!

    Ps. There was a little mistake with my link so here it is www.noemisfigurines.etsy.com
    I already check everyone's store very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete