Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Fashion Trend or future Regretsy item?


Inspiration can come from anywhere. But there is a place that, by its design, forces you to be inspired... yes the local craft store. Since so many scrapbook stores have gone out of business, and the Tall Mouse closed its Cerritos Location, that leaves me with good old Joann and Michaels. Usually my trips to these places are extremely focused. My husband and I are total home-bodies and heavan forbid we leave the house on a Sunday. But ever once in a while we have to make the obligatory Home Depot run. That's when I say, and "Oh we need to hit Michaels too". Then he makes his heavy sigh sound. "Don't worry I know exactly what I want, i'll just be a minute." And off I rush with blinders on thinking..."only tacky glue, only tacky, glue". Well today Tyler is off hanging out with a buddy, and I get ALL the time I need at Michaels. I am not sure if that was a good thing. I walked down every aisle and when I hit the wedding area I saw some blank hair clips. I thought wouldn't that be cute if I wired a bunch of vintage buttons and watch parts to one of those. So I did, and I kinda like how my first (and possibly last) attempt went. I personally like it, but not sure what the reaction would be if I wore it to say... work? Maybe it would be looked at as fun an quirky? Maybe someone might ask me if I found it on Regresty?
I think I will wear it to work and I will let you know the results! -Denise

2 comments:

  1. I actually want to buy a Scrabble 'sign' from you. My friend Morgan Kroll had one of your name signs at her wedding and I LOVED it.
    I have a friend who is having a baby and I'd like to get a name sign from you.
    iowachic@hotmail.com
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not a regretsy!!! it's very cute - i like it.

    oh, and the blinders on? in a michaels? what are you thinking? i think they have anti-blinder tech at that store!!!
    :)
    LOL

    ReplyDelete