Saturday, February 4, 2012

CHA-inspiration

{Jenny Doh, Cheryl Stoneham, Kim Caldwell, Me, and Jeannine Stein}
This is the first time I have had the opportunity to attend CHA, the Craft and Hobby Associations trade show. It was a bit overwhelming, yet monotonous at the same time! So many paper companies and everything was cute! Stamp companies... a gazillion.  Beads, oh yes! Supplies, oh my! I have to say, it must be hard for companies and especially independent lines to stand out amongst the crowd. What I was really looking for though were products and samples that inspired me, things that were different, and supplies that I wasn't familiar with. Hopefully some of my favorites I will be able to order from retailers as some of the minimums were beyond what I would need even for a full class! A few spaces really stood out for me, the EK success area. It took over the whole center of one area and had an espresso bar, full classroom with demos going all day, and everyone on of their lines from jewelry to paper crafting. I will say the highlight of the day came when Kaari Meng from French General found me sitting at one of the demos and asked me to teach at her shop! Kaari has a new line of paper crafting embellishments that are to die for. She is going to get me some samples to play with, and I have so many ideas for classes! Look for me to be teaching their in April of this year! {{{{{And thanks to by GF Terry for referring Kaari to me hugs!}}}}
Here's my pics:

{La Blanche stamps} I loved her artwork these are just amazing!

{she makes these with stamps, inks, and UTEE, I was so inspired by the use of the UTEE I have already ordered some{

{http://www.lablanche.eu/blog/ is her blog and she has way better pics form CHA!}

{The lovely Andrea under the chandelier at 7 gypsies}

{really liked these, Melissa Francis had some mini ones I want to order for a class}

{love this tissue paper-7 gypsies}



{a few fun tiaras, dont remember the booth}

{tiara}

{Prima Marketing!!!! Their booth and their lines are awesome! La Blanche used a lot of pieces like these in her picture frames}

{Prima marketing birthday cap, their flowers were to die for!}

{this was a small indy company, but loved his lace tape!}

{more Prima}

{for anyone that wants to make beautiful Jewelry from kits, this line from EK Success is gorgeous!}


{here are some of the pieces you can make}

{Dangit, my French General display came out terrible! Trust me though these are amazing and I am so happy that Michael's is going to carry some of it! Go Kaari!}
-Denise

1 comment: